Disaster Management and Emergency Preparedness Course
This one-day course will be both didactic and interactive. It will address the core competencies as outlined by the ACSCOT Disaster Subcommittee. It will focus an all hazards approach for the acute care provider, concentrating on general principles.
DMEP © students will:
- Discuss the surgical problems, injury patterns and issues that may result from disasters.
- Discuss the role that surgeons and other acute care providers can play in planning for and response to mass casualty incidents and disasters.
- Define the terms and concepts of incident command.
- Explain the principles and challenges of disaster triage.
- State the civilian and military assets available for support.
Who Should Attend?
- Physicians and Nurses
- EMS personnel, including EMTs and Paramedics.
- Trauma Program Medical Directors
- Trauma Program Managers
- Other Allied Health Professionals
For more information contact:
- Shands at the University of Florida
P.O. Box 100108
Gainesville, FL 32610-0108