Trauma Tracks Basic
Designed for RNs and EMS providers, the purpose of this program is to enhance the advanced knowledge of staff nurses in the care of trauma patients and to identify current progressive concepts of assessment and management of trauma patients.
- Discuss the pathophysiology of multiple traumatic injuries in the care of the trauma patient.
- Explain current progressive assessment and intervention techniques for trauma patients in special situations.
- Identify emerging trends in caring for trauma patients in shock.
Course Schedule for 2011
Course meets in Room 1204 or 1205 at the UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital. Call Trauma Services at 352-733-0872 to register or for more details.
- Role of the Nurse in Trauma Resuscitation (PDF)
- Initial Assessment Of the Critically Injured Trauma Patient (PDF)
- Mechanism of Injury (PDF)
- Traumatic Shock: Pathophysiology and Management (PDF)
- Pediatric Trauma (PDF)
To register for this course, please contact Trauma Services at 352-733-0872.